The Junior League of Wyandotte and Johnson Counties in Kansas members are daughters, mothers, sisters, spouses, and friends. Lawyers, teachers, nurses, bankers, marketers, government workers, students, and stay-at-home moms. We come from all over the country, from an array of backgrounds, with a diverse breadth of life experiences.
What unites us is our passion for helping others – helping women develop into strong civic leaders, helping area residents live better lives through trained volunteer service, and helping our community thrive.
We hope you’ll consider joining our organization. We welcome all women who value our mission, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities.
Reasons to join the Junior League of Wyandotte and Johnson Counties include:
- Explore Volunteer Opportunities
- Community Awareness
- Leadership Skills/ Development
- Showcase Your Talents
- Safe Haven for Learning New Skills
- Personal Growth
- Making a Difference in Your Community
New Member Experience:
The New Member Program includes service and training opportunities, as well as social events designed to prepare participants for active membership in the League. League requirements have recently changed to accommodate work-volunteer-family balance.
Women who participate in the New Member Program are encouraged to:
- Attend New Member Retreat (October)
- Attend 1 General Membership Meeting
- Attend 1 Learning Journey/Training
- Participate in 2 Volunteering Events
- As a Team, Plan the Bowl-A-Thon Fundraiser
A Prospective Member Shall:
- Be at least 22 years old prior to filling out the Join Us “New Member Interest Form”
- Live in the greater Kansas City area or its vicinity at the time of her proposal to membership
- Have an interest in volunteering, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing her potential for voluntary community participation
Steps to Membership:
- Complete the New Member Interest Form
- Receive an e-mail from our New Member Chair
- Pay dues of $150, plus an additional fee of $20 for New Members