Auditions will be held Saturday and Sunday, August 11 & 12
Thank you for your interest in the 2012 American Girl Fashion Show, presented by the Junior League of Wyandotte and Johnson Counties. The show is a celebration of being a girl, both yesterday and today, through a colorful presentation of historical and contemporary fashions.
This year there will be four shows: Saturday, October 13, at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m., and Sunday, October 14, at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Shows will be held at Johnson County Community College, in the Polsky Theatre, 12345 College Blvd, Overland Park.
Auditions for 2012 American Girl Fashion Show will be held Saturday, August 11th, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday, August 12th, from 1 to 4 p.m. at Shawnee Park Christian Church, 16500 Midland Drive, Lenexa, KS 66217 (Just east of 435).
Please sign up on our website to reserve your 15 minute audition time (scroll down for available timeslots). Models must fit a size 6x (Bitty Baby outfits) or size 10 (Historical Girl outfits). Girls will audition in groups of four with their size group. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your audition time.
The American Girl dolls are diverse; therefore, girls of all races and cultures are encouraged to audition. There will be two casts of girls this year, one for Saturday, and one for Sunday. Each cast will perform in two shows.
In addition to reserving your audition time slot, there are a few items required for the audition:
- Audition Application: Complete and submit the application online (click here), or print and bring it to your audition.
- Essay: All size 10 models will need to write an essay (100 words or less, handwritten or typed) and bring it to the audition. The girls will read it to the judges and then leave it with them. The topic for the essay is:
- McKenna Brooks, a gymnast, is the 2012 American Girl Doll of the Year. Balancing school and sports is a challenge for McKenna, as she struggles with reading. McKenna uses her strengths as a gymnast to succeed in the classroom.
How can you use your strengths to succeed as an American Girl?
- Photo: All models must bring a natural-looking headshot photo to the audition (wallet or 4x6). Photos will not be returned.
- Dress: We prefer that the models wear skirts, skorts, or dresses. Shoes must be a closed toe, or have a back strap. Please no flip flops or crocs.
- Dolls: The girls may bring their doll, but it is not required. American Girl provides the dolls for the show.
If selected, there will be a $25 application fee. Parent’s information night will be held Wednesday, August 22, from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. at Shawnee Park Christian Church, 16500 Midland Drive, Lenexa, KS 66217. Rehearsals will be held on Sundays and Wednesdays.
For questions regarding the American Girl auditions, please contact our headquarters at 913-371-2303.